Pages

1.17.2011

Matanglawin -- Cosplay episode

I've been waiting for that episode almost a week before it was even aired. And I have to say...I was a bit disappointed :(

I still can't see the whole episode in youtube....probably in some other site :x 

Jin is my FAVORITE Filipino cosplayer, and the moment I saw her posts on FB that they just finished a shoot on a certain TV program got me really excited! I don't see Jin so much at conventions so I assumed that she will be interviewed or her cosplays will be showcased on that show (which was still a mystery to me at that time). Then it was revealed that the certain show was "Matanglawin", a program at ABS-CBN hosted by Kuya Kim Atienza every Sundays at 9:30 AM.Of course that got me more hyped up on watching the show. And then Sunday (January 16, 2011) came, I was up early waiting for the start of the program. I even skipped some of my daily chores just to watch that episode XD haha! 


Okay, I'll skip on the details (to avoid "spoilers" LOL!) I dunno, I mean, the cosplayers they invited were great! (Nikki Gevana, Yuu Shomura, Alexandra Keuls, well mostly cscentrl models). But what I'm saying is that they made Jin look like an extra! -.- And of course would it even be possible to forget about the "cosplay queen" Alodia. I find her acting reeeaaaalllly....lame? I get goosebumps whenever I see her talk on television. It's not that I hate her or anything but, I wish she could have just sticked to cosplaying/modeling rather that acting/hosting on TV. Actually the whole show kinda sucked. I find some of the information they presented wrong and a bit biased. I'm saying this as an otaku and cosplayer. And if it weren't for Ryan Bang (he's crazy!!! XD) the show would have been very boring even if it was about anime and cosplay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment